Three things you should know about the Senate's health care plan — well not really THE Senate's plan, it's really a plan put together by 13 guys who are senators:
- Senate Health Bill Would Revamp Medicaid, Alter ACA Guarantees, Cut Premium Support
- Promises Made To Protect Preexisting Conditions Prove Hollow
- Winners And Losers: 40 Is Old In Senate GOP Health Plan’s Subsidy Structure
Quebec City, Canada -- Fox wins top award for his work at NCR. I was there to hear this moving address: Former NCR publisher/editor says, 'I’ve always felt as much a missionary as a journalist'
Come along on a "virtual retreat" as Global Sisters Report offers a look into a 10-day eco-scientific-spiritual program led by Maryknoll sisters in the heart of Panama's tropical forest.
- Here is the first installment: Spirituality, ecology and science weave together to form Web of Life
- Visit this page daily to catch updates to this great event: Web of Life
- Here's some background on what this is all about: An invitation to the Web of Life
You gotta ask yourself, how long the Catholic church can keep firing teachers and musicians because they are in a legal, same-sex marriage: No major US religious groups approve refusing service to gays. Some courts may uphold a ministerial exemption, but public opinion is pulling the other way.
New to NCR: In his Pencil Preaching column, cartoonist Pat Marrin offers a sketch and reflection for the day's scripture readings. Learn more>
I found this email in my in box this morning: "I read Friends from seminary days gather at Redemptorist center to bury friend's ashes and was deeply moved. Thank you." Thank you, dear reader, for you kind note.
Members of the ecumenical Circle of Protection are fasting on the 21st of every month: Circle of Protection condemns Trump's budget proposal
Maryknoll Sr. Betty Ann Maheu reflects on Women religious in China, a re-founding
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.