Pope Francis is reportedly heading to Philadelphia in October 2015. While he’s in town, here are a few things he should do.
1. Eat a cheesesteak at Pat's.
Move over, King of Kings.
2. Bless the Liberty Bell.
With liberty and pontiffs for all.
3. Pray for love.
It's all we need.
4. Grab a beer at Monk's.
They have Lost Abbey Devotion on tap.
5. Hang out with Mercy Sr. Mary Scullion of Project HOME
Bonus: Jon Bon Jovi
6. Check out Edgar Allan Poe's home.
Recite "Catholic Hymn." BYO bird.
7. Catch a Philadelphia Flyers match.
Consider an orange zucchetto.
8. Visit the Benjamin Franklin Museum.
It's all about this Benjamin.
9. Take a selfie with Questlove.
Maybe The Roots would have their annual concert in October?
10. Run the Rocky steps and see the statue.
It ain't about how hard you pray.
[Kate Childs Graham is an activist in the progressive Catholic movement. A graduate of The Catholic University of America and the U.N.-mandated University for Peace in Costa Rica, she is a communications professional in Washington, D.C. Follow her on Twitter: @kchildsgraham.]
Editor's Note: We can send you an email alert every time a Young Voices column is posted. Go to this page and follow the directions: Email alert sign-up.
Join the Conversation
Send your thoughts and reactions to our online Letters to the Editor column. Learn more here