In this livestream video, NCR's Heidi Schlumpf and Michael Sean Winters join Social Service Sr. Simone Campbell, executive director of Network, and Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine for a conversation about the inauguration of President Joe Biden and NCR's Building a Common Future series.
- Kaine launched our series on Jan. 4, 2021, with his commentary advising the Biden administration to remember immigrants and refugees in its policymaking.
- In 2016, Brian Roewe profiled Kaine, talking to him about his political career, his experience serving in Honduras and his Catholicism.
- Campbell also contributed to Building a Common Future, writing that tax and worker policies must confront the destructive "empire of money."
- Winters' piece published on Inauguration Day. In it, he writes that Biden must first focus on uniting the country.
- Read all essays published in Building a Common Future here.
- Winters also wrote about the U.S. bishops' chilly response to Biden's inauguration in a column published Jan. 21.
- For EarthBeat, Roewe reported on Biden's early executive actions signaling a return to centering climate policy. Christopher White reported for NCR on Pope Francis' congratulatory telegram to Biden, as well as the statement released by the U.S. bishops. You can read all of NCR's coverage of the Biden inauguration here.
Join us next Thursday, Jan. 28, at 2:30 Eastern/1:30 Central for the next live conversation on Building a Common Future. Opinion editor Olga Segura will be joined by Dwayne David Paul, director of the Collaborative Center for Justice, and Michael Vazquez, religion and faith director at the Human Rights Campaign. We'll be streaming live to Facebook and YouTube. See you there!
Enter your email address to receive free newsletters from NCR.