NCR intern Maria Benevento discusses her recent article on Catholic peacebuilders and their ideas to bring stability to Afghanistan in the wake of the Trump administration's announcement to drastically change U.S. strategy in the conflicted country. Later, Fr. Roy Donovan with the Association of Catholic Priests in Ireland talks about his statement asking the Irish bishops to put a hold on the permanent diaconate until Pope Francis makes a decision on allowing women deacons.
- A new strategy for Afghanistan? Robust peacemaking, say experts.
- The prospect of continued war in Afghanistan is grim indeed, writes Michael Sean Winters.
- Our Making Peace series examines global conflicts and potential solutions.
- Fr. Roy Donovan believes it's time for women to have a seat "at the top table."
- We say: It's time to fling open the door for women who want to lead in the Catholic Church.
How do I listen?
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you're on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.)
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.