Brittany talks to Jordan Denari Duffner of Georgetown University's Bridge Initiative. They discuss Islamophobia, how Jordan's friendships with Muslims have given her a renewed appreciation for her own faith, and steps the Catholic Church is taking to improve Muslim-Christian relations. Amir Hussain of Loyola Marymount University explains Ramadan and Muslim contributions to American society. Jamie Manson describes a play that tells the stories of Mary in Christian Scripture and Maryam in the Quran.
- Learn more about the Bridge Initiative and its research.
- Jordan's book, Finding Jesus Among Muslims, will be published by Liturgical Press in late 2017.
- An emerging Catholic dialogue with Muslims aims to show public support for Islamic American communities.
- Amir Hussain teaches theological studies at Loyola Marymount University.
- His latest book is Muslims and the Making of America, published by Baylor University Press.
- The play "Mary/Maryam" debuted last December at Peace United Church of Christ in Santa Cruz, California.
- Subscribe to the NCR print edition to read Jamie Manson's article on "Mary/Maryam."
How do I listen?
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you’re on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.)
Covering Climate Now: NCR joins more than 250 news outlets in a weeklong collaboration of climate change coverage. Learn more
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.