October is coming Monday, and with it, a new NCRonline.org.
You'll still find the same high standard of reporting you've come to expect, but our new design will offer a more enjoyable reading experience -- no matter where or how you're reading.
We say: Charlottesville reveals the weeping wound of racism. What do we, the American Catholic faith community, do next? Read the editorial.
Here are some of the features to debut Monday:
- More news up front -- When you arrive at NCRonline.org, you'll see more news instantly, with four stories circulating through a larger, enhanced slideshow and more news surrounding it. You can also find stories from our content channels clearly divided on our homepage.
- Search made easy -- We brought new search functionality to the site, and stories from the print edition will be categorized by issue, making it easier for print and online subscribers to find what they're looking for.
- A new commenting experience -- With the new site, we will begin using Disqus, a commenting system used by other news organization, including Time, NPR and CNN. Disqus allows you to log in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account and join conversations across multiple sites through a single account. Comment rating, instant posting and hiding comments are other features that will lead to a more fruitful and open discussion. Want to get ahead of the curve? Sign up for your Disqus account now at disqus.com/profile/signup so you can comment as soon as the site is launched.
- Fit-to-screen format -- Whether reading on your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, the new NCRonline.org will automatically fit to your screen size -- no more zooming or scrolling to find content. Wherever you are, NCRonline.org will adjust to fit you.
- Sharing made simple -- With more than 1.7 million unique visitors this year alone, we'll highlight our most-read and shared stories so you can make sure you don't miss what everyone is reading. Prominently displayed sharing buttons will also help you pass your favorite articles to family and friends through email, Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
Click here for more details. We're very excited about the new website, and we hope you will be, too!