With spring comes baseball — and this year, two brand-new columns on NCRonline.org. The Gospel of Sports focuses on faith through the lens of sports. Columns are written by Mike Jordan Laskey and will publish every six weeks. The second new series is called Theology en la Plaza, which will feature four public theologians writing from distinctly Latin@ perspectives. Columns will focus on matters impacting church and society.
Recent columns by Mike and Carmen Nanko-Fernández focus on baseball and its capacity to bring people together.
If you'd like to hear from these contributors regularly, we can send you emails when new columns publish. To sign up for free emails, visit NCRonline.org/email.
On the show today:
- Mike Jordan Laskey, contributor to Young Voices and The Gospel of Sports
- Carmen Nanko Fernández, contributor to Theology en la Plaza and Director of the Hispanic Theology and Ministry Program at Catholic Theological Union.
New to NCR: Obituaries.
Visit these pages to remember and celebrate the lives of those we have recently lost.
- In his first column for The Gospel of Sports, Mike Jordan Laskey writes that you can't keep politics out of sports. He says that's a good thing.
- Mike spoke with college administrator and fellow fanatic John Sexton about baseball as a road to God.
- Like Easter, sometimes the baseball season demands interruption, writes Carmen Nanko-Fernández.
How do I listen?
We can let you know when new podcast episodes are published. Sign up for emails here.
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you're reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you're on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.)
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you're reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can always find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.