In this Facebook Live conversation, NCR executive editor Heidi Schlumpf speaks with columnist Michael Sean Winters, national correspondent Christopher White and best-selling author Mark Kennedy Shriver about NCR's 2020 Newsmaker of the Year, President-elect Joe Biden. Here are some stories for background reading:
- In July, Christopher White profiled Joe Biden and reported how his Catholic roots have shaped his politics and public life.
- Mark Kennedy Shriver wrote this commentary on Joe Biden's decency and how America needs a leader who cares for all of us.
- At the U.S. bishops' annual fall assembly, Archbishop José Gomez, the head of the bishops' conference, called for the formation of a working group to examine Biden's position on abortion rights.
- Where will Biden go to church when he moves into the White House? Christopher White profiles some local options for the president-elect.
- In our editorial published today, we say: if the United States is still a democracy 100 years from now, it will be, at least in part, thanks to NCR's Catholic Newsmaker of the Year, President-elect Joe Biden.
Enter your email address to receive free newsletters from NCR.