Brittany is joined by Jesuit Fr. Tom Reese to discuss President Donald Trump's trip to Saudi Arabia. Later, Melanie Lidman shares her experience reporting on Trump's visit to Israel, and Maureen Fiedler muses on Trump's meeting with Pope Francis.
- What happens behind closed doors? Tom Reese on Trump and Saudi Arabia.
- Before Francis and Trump met, Tom Reese wrote about the buzz surrounding the meeting.
- No one could predict what would happen during Trump's visit to Israel.
- The first two countries Trump visited don't share much, except for enmity against Iran.
- Josh McElwee explains Vatican protocol for papal visits.
- Francis' and Trump's past words offer insight on what they might discuss about the environment.
- Don't expect a meeting with Francis to change Trump, says Michael Sean Winters.
- In their meeting, Pope Francis asked Trump to work for peace.
- In Israel, experts are skeptical that Trump will be able to translate his words into concrete action.
- Pope Francis and President Trump probably didn't talk about the budget, writes Maureen Fiedler.
How do I listen?
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you’re on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.)
Visit EarthBeat, NCR's new reporting project that explores the ways Catholics and other faith groups are taking action on the climate crisis.
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.