In this Facebook Live conversation, NCR Vatican correspondent Joshua J. McElwee talks to columnist Daniel P. Horan, OFM, and opinion editor Olga Segura about Fratelli Tutti, Pope Francis' recently released encyclical on human fraternity and social friendship. For background, here are some links we recommend:
- As he discusses in this conversation, Fr. Dan Horan wrote for NCR about three key Franciscan themes that he sees emerging from the pages of Fratelli Tutti.
- Joshua J. McElwee reported that in Fratelli Tutti, Pope Francis envisions a less populist, less capitalist world.
- Meghan Clark, an assistant professor of moral theology at St. John's University, writes that the encyclical shares social wisdom, but it also lacks the necessary insight of Catholic women.
- Read all of NCR's coverage of Fratelli Tutti here.
- You can read the entire encyclical on the Vatican website.