We're back! In this first episode of Season 2, theologian Christopher Pramuk joins host Brittany Wilmes to talk about race relations, how art can help people connect, and where Catholics might go from here. Later, Catholic sisters Tracey Horan and Larretta Rivera-Williams discuss their own experiences of race and solidarity and places where they find hope.
- Christopher Pramuk spoke at the LCWR assembly on music, grief and Resurrection faith.
- Chris shares his thoughts on life after Charlottesville on his blog.
- Tracey Horan, a mission novice with the Sisters of Providence of St. Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, writes about preaching — and apologizing — to a congregation of people of color.
- Mercy Sr. Larretta Rivera-Williams ponders whether America is the land of the free and the home of the brave.
- We say: Charlottesville should compel Catholics to expel the poison of racism.
- The hate and racism in Charlottesville came from one side, not many, writes Michael Sean Winters.
How do I listen?
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you’re on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.)
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.
Enter your email address to receive free newsletters from NCR.