Catholic voices are louder than ever about the need for immigration reform. Hundreds gathered Tuesday on Capitol Hill for a Catholic Day of Action for Dreamers. Later in the day, 42 people were arrested for civil disobedience inside a Senate office building.
Sunday night is Oscar night in Hollywood. Sr. Rose discusses the threads of Catholicism running through many of the films and her predictions and hopes for the Academy Awards.
- Julie Bourbon, NCR contributor based in Washington, D.C.
- Sr. Rose Pacatte, a member of the Daughters of St. Paul and the director of the Pauline Center for Media Studies in Los Angeles.
- More than 200 Catholic priests, sisters and laypeople gathered to support immigration reform and justice for Dreamers on Tuesday.
- Faith in Public Life shared the #Catholics4Dreamers assembly via Facebook Live.
- Sr. Rose finds mystery and grace in "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri."
- "The Post" reaffirms the need for free press serving the governed, not the government.
- "The Breadwinner" is a cinematic jewel, says Sr. Rose, even if it may not beat out "Coco" for best animated feature.
How do I listen?
We can let you know when new podcast episodes are published. Sign up for emails here.
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you're reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you're on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.)
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you're reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can always find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.
Work at NCR!
Seniors and recent college graduates may apply to be the next Bertelsen Editorial Intern. Learn more about this opportunity.
Join the Conversation
Send your thoughts and reactions to our online Letters to the Editor column. Learn more here