Nuns and Nones is a new movement that brings together millennials who are religiously unaffiliated and Catholic sisters.
On the show today:
- Soli Salgado, staff writer for Global Sisters Report
- Mercy Sr. Judy Carle
- Dominican Sr. Gloria Marie Jones
- NCR contributor Loretto Sr. Mary Ann McGivern wrote in December 2017 about her experience in a Nuns and Nones gathering in St. Louis. Benedictine Sr. Linda Romey writes that Nuns and Nones proves that an "open-source" approach to the future of religious life is already happening. Mercy Sr. Judy Cannon was energized by a 2017 Nuns and Nones meeting: "We are mutually inspired in our close connection."
- Ahead of the 2018 Synod of Bishops on the outh, John Vitek of St. Mary's Press recognized Nuns and Nones as a positive example of "charting new ways of forming a common religious and human experience."
- Watch this space (and globalsistersreport.org) for reported stories on Nuns and Nones, coming in January and February 2019.
Visit EarthBeat, NCR's new reporting project that explores the ways Catholics and other faith groups are taking action on the climate crisis.
How do I listen?
We can let you know when new podcast episodes are published. Sign up for emails here.
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you're reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you're on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here's the RSS feed.)
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you're reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can always find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.